Ever wondered what the whole dry brushing craze is over or even what dry brushing is?! Us too. Dry brushing has actually been practiced for over thousands of years and after doing this for a few months we can see why. Adding 5 minutes to your morning routine may seem like a lot when sleep time is precious but once you start to see the results, you’ll be glad you started.
What is dry brushing & how do I do it? Dry brushing is when you take a natural haired brush and you brush your skin in upward motions, starting at your ankles and working your way up to your neck.
Benefits of dry brushing are : stimulates the lymphatic system, gives your skin a gorgeous glow, creates smoother looking skin, removes cellulite over time, helps digestion, prevents premature aging ( very antiaging!! ), tones the muscles, stimulates circulation, increases cell renewal, strengthens the immune system, removes dead skin, helps the skin absorb more nutrients by eliminating clogged pores, and the list could go on and on…
1. Right when you wake up, before you go pee ( if you can ) dry brush on a dry skin. Doing it before you go to the washroom is important because you are removing a lot of toxins that will be released when you go pee so it’s even more effective.
2. Start brushing in firm ( but not too hard ) circular, upward motions rather than long & smooth strokes. This will be more stimulating.
3. Use the diagram above to guide you as you need to follow the lymphatic system. Always move in movements towards the heart as this is the way your lymphatic system flows so you will want to flow in the same way for maximum results.
4. On your lower back you can brush up but on the upper you can add your handle to reach all the spots you couldn’t reach without it. ( see above picture the brush with the handle and without – they come with a removable handle for easy use )
5. Make sure you brush everywhere and be a little more gentle on your delicate areas like the chest and neck.
6. Hop in the shower and wash away all of the dead skin cells & impurities and then add a nice moisturizer after and your skin will feel invigorated, smooth and soft.
7. Quick tip! Natural haired body brushes can be found at Winners, drug stores, Walmart etc. The best deals I’ve seen are at Winners! $10-$15 you’re set and they last a very long time.
Try this every day for a month and you will be surprised in how amazing your skin feels and how much smoother it will look. Don’t take our word for it, go ahead and try! Happy brushing.
Namaste. My muse and I.